Fees and Costs – Landlords
While the boutique nature of our business means that contracts with our clients are negotiated on a bespoke basis, the following details are provided as the basis for those negotiations, and are the fees charged in most circumstances.
Tenant Find and Rent Collection : 6.5%
- To advertise the property, show the property to potential tenants, reference, background and immigration status check applicants, and recommend to the landlord.
- To prepare the tenancy document(s), collect the first month’s rent, to collect any deposit required and register with the appropriate scheme (if applicable).
- To receive the ongoing rental payments from the tenant(s).
- To remit the rent(s) received to the landlord, and to invoice the landlord for the fees incurred.
- To pursue late and/or unpaid rent, and to provide advice on rent arrears action where necessary.
Property Management : 3.5%
- To provide the main point of contact for the tenant(s) during the tenancy.
- To arrange routine repairs and instruct approved contractors, subject to approval or preauthorised spending limits.
- To undertake regular inspection visits on behalf of the landlord, inform of any breaches, and advise any necessary action(s).
- To hold keys during the tenancy.
Full Management : 10%
All services of Tenant Find, Rent Collection and Property Management.
(We are not currently registered for VAT, therefore all charges are as shown. If VAT registration becomes required, we will advise all clients of the revised charges as soon as reasonably practical.)
Fees and Costs – Tenants
We do not charge application, referencing, credit or immigration checking fees.
During the ordinary course of a tenancy, we do not charge tenant(s) fees.
We do not charge checkout or renewal fees.
If we have to send a notice or letter to a tenant to remedy a breach of the tenancy, we will charge a minimum of £30.00 per item sent.
If the tenant terminates the tenancy before the end of the tenancy period, we will charge the tenant the full cost of re-letting the property and any rental income lost by the landlord in the process.
If the tenant fails to keep an agreed appointment for a check out and inventory check, we will charge the tenant the reasonable direct costs of making a second appointment.
Any other charges which may fall payable will be detailed in the tenancy document and made clear to a potential tenant prior to signing.
Independent Redress Scheme
We are member of the Property Redress Scheme.
Client Money Protection
We are not currently enrolled in a Client Money Protection scheme.